Are you looking for a healthy cupcake recipe? Our ambassador, Kim, shares with us her recipe for chocolate protein cupcakes – which are perfect for Easter too!
For the Cupcakes
• 1 ½ Scoops (45g) of Deluxe Nutrition Chocolate Protein
• 75g Oat Flour (Blended Porridge Oats)
• 40g Coconut Flour
• 1 Tbsp Sweetener
• 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
• 1 Tsp Baking Powder
• Pinch of Salt
• 2 Large Egg Whites (80g)
• 300ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
• Optional: For extra chocolatey goodness, add 25g of dark chocolate drops!
For the Vanilla Cream Topping
• 1 Scoop (30g) of Deluxe Nutrition Vanilla Casein
• 150g Fat Free Greek Yogurt (one low in sugars, I use ‘Total’)
• 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
• Desiccated Coconut
• Yellow Food Colouring
• 1 Strawberry
• Chocolate Drops
• Mini Eggs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 2000C / gas mark 6
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients together and then slowly add the wet ingredients whilst mixing/blending
3. Once all mixed into a gooey consistency, poor intoindividual cupcake cases
4. Place into the oven for around 20minutes, or until a knife can be put into the centre and come out dry
5. Once removed, allow to rest and cool, this will allow the mixture to dry
6. Once cooled, you can begin adding the toppings!
7. Firstly, mix all of the ingredients together to make the cream, then pipe/spread onto each cupcake
8. Then the fun part… Get creative and add whatever toppings you like!
9. For Easter chicks: mix desiccated coconut with yellow food colouring and then dunk the cupcakes in, finish with little pieces of chopped strawberry for the beaks and chocolate drops for the eyes!
• Calories: 114
• Protein: 10.2g
• Carbs: 10g
• Fats: 2.8g
(*per cupcake without toppings, based on the exact ingredients if made into 6)