This week we are looking at snacking. Everyone does it, and it doesn’t have to be bad.
Here are our top 10 best snacks for ‘on the go’ consumption.
- Mixed nuts or seeds. Choose the unsalted variety.
- Hard-boiled egg. An inexpensive snack loaded with nutrients.
- Protein shakes. They are easy to make up wherever you are and offer a sweet kick when you need it most.
- Crab sticks. These are low fat and very tasty.
- Hummus Dippers. Put two tablespoons of the dip in a small Tupperware container and add a bag of vegetable sticks.
- Grape and cheese sticks – just add cubes of cheddar and grapes to cocktail sticks. A lovely taste combination.
- Yoghurt pot. Put some nonfat Greek yogurt in a Tupperware box with a handful of fruit (fresh or frozen) and a drizzle of honey. Add 2 tablespoons of toasted oats for a protein-packed crunch.
- Protein Bar. Like shakes, these are an easy on-the-go option.
- Dry-roasted edamame. Really delicious and packed with protein.
- Peanut butter and celery stick dippers. Delicious and filling.